Do you love playing OSU? Do you like to know what the best mouse is for OSU that you can use to play OSU in mouse-only or dual mouse mode? If you’ve answered yes, this review article is for you.
OSU is a rhythm game published and created by Dean Peppy Herbert. The games were originally released for Microsoft Windows in 2007 and have also been ported to Linux, macOS, iOS, and android. The gameplay is similar to other titles, such as Taiko no Tatsujin, Ouendan, Elite Beat Agents, etc.
The game has an incredibly active community and is sometimes recommended by other game professionals to warm up.
OSU has various play styles, but the most popular ones include;
Mouse-Only: Initially, only-mouse was the only way to play the game until other playing styles were introduced over time. The mode is sometimes also referred to as pure-mouse. While playing the game with a mouse, players must navigate the on-screen cursor while also tapping the beats, following sliders, and spinning spinners using the left-click and right-click of the mouse. Moreover, the only-mouse mode of the game is also among the hardest ones to play with.
Dual Mouse: The second mode to play OSU is known as the dual mouse playing style. In this mode, a player holds a mouse in each hand, using one mouse to tap beats and the other to move the on-screen cursor.
So, if you prefer to play the game in mouse-only or dual mouse mode, you should consider using the best mouse for OSU. Using the best mouse will put less strain on your hands, and you will also get a smooth and uninterrupted gaming experience to better enjoy your game.
But what should you consider before buying the best mouse for OSU?
Best Mouse for OSU: Buyer’s Guide
Here is a quick buyer’s guide that will help you in finding the best OSU mouse.
· Wireless or Wired?
Dedicated wireless gaming mice have come a long way in the last couple of years, but they still need some improvements. Some major issues with a wireless mouse include limited battery timing and potential latency. If you want to buy a wireless mouse, make sure to get the one with prolonged battery life.
· Grip Style
Make sure to examine your grip style to know how you hold your mouse. Three common mouse grips are Palm grip, claw grip, and fingertip grip. Knowing your mouse grip style will help you find a perfect mouse for your gaming.
· CPI, DPI, and Acceleration
DPI and CPI are both the same marketing terms. DPI means “Dots per Inch” and use to declare how many dots per inch would be printed in. However, CPI means “Counter per Inch,” and that is how many counts a mouse takes per inch it travels. However, a higher CPI doesn’t determine the mouse’s sensor efficiency. Now, let’s come to the acceleration. That is how many Gs a mouse can handle and track effectively. Some mice start misbehaving after hitting a certain G rating.
So, what are the best mice for OSU?
Well, below, I have reviewed the best OSU mouse. You can get the one that meets your gaming requirements.
Top 8 Best Mouse for OSU
1. Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
The Razer is known for producing outstanding gaming mice, and Razer Deathadder Elite is not an exception. In fact, it is an upgrade to the Razer Deathadder line, including the competent Deathadder Chroma to give gamers full RGB lighting control while also maintains the look of the previous award-winning mouse.
The mouse is available at a considerably reasonable cost and is also equipped with great overall specs. The mouse is armed with up to seven programmable buttons, an extremely high DPI of 16000, and two zones of Razer Chroma RGB lighting. However, more important is its 1000Hz polling rate and incredibly fast hand movements that the mouse sensor can easily handle.
Moreover, inside the Razer Deathadder Elite, it is armed with a custom made fifth-generation Pixart sensor. The sensor is incredibly powerful and can easily handle up to 50 G acceleration while also maintaining accurate tracking at 450 IPS.
If you’re a fan of Deathadder design and looking for a high-performance gaming mouse for OSU, this one is a wise pick.
- 16000 DPI optical sensors.
- Dedicated DPI programmable buttons.
- Customizable Chroma lighting.
- Rubberized scroll wheel.
- Durable mechanical switches.
- Two-year warranty.
- The mouse features a very attractive, ergonomic design.
- It is equipped with an outstanding optical sensor with a whopping 16000 DPI.
- A mouse is a perfect option for almost all hand sizes and grips.
- The built-structure is durable.
- The mouse is not suitable for traveling because of its wired-only use and size.
2. Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Gaming Mouse
As one of the trusted gaming mouse manufacturers, Logitech has a long history in the gaming mouse market, and their latest model is all set to continue that legacy. Though it may not equip with all the high-end features, it is armed with a high-speed and high-sensitivity laser sensor, programmable buttons, and a 32-bit ARM processor.
The Logitech G403 is a leaner version of the incredibly successful G502 mouse, featuring a sleek ergonomic design. Personally, I really love its design because of the ergonomics and comfort it provides. The mouse includes eight programmable buttons, including forwarding and back buttons, DPI adjustment buttons, sniper button, and left, right, and middle-click buttons.
It means these are Omron switches, which is always a good sight. Overall, all the buttons are satisfying – not being too loud. The skates under the mouse are also incredibly smooth, making it easy to move the mouse around without any resistance.
If you’ve spent a lot of your time looking for the perfect OSU and FPS gaming mouse, It is likely you have come across Pixart sensors. The Logitech G402 is equipped with an AM010 sensor, which is quite responsive, and the acceleration is also pretty impressive.
Throughout my testing, the mouse continued to impress me. Ideally, Logitech G402 is a great weapon for FPS and OSU games. It’s incredibly fast, and accurate sensor provides great results. However, just because the mouse is particularly designed for gaming purposes doesn’t mean you cannot use it for productivity purposes. The mouse is quite comfortable to use in your daily day to day tasks as well.
- Programmable buttons.
- Powerful software.
- Incredibly accurate sensor.
- 500 IPS sensor speed.
- Ergonomic and comfortable design.
- The mouse is incredibly comfortable to hold for prolonged hours.
- It features a great number of programmable buttons, including a sniper button.
- The mouse delivers a remarkable performance with its low-click latency and an incredibly high polling rate.
- Since it is a wired mouse, the cable is slightly stiff.
3. Corsair IronClaw RGB
The Corsair IronClaw RGB is another excellent mouse for OSU, especially for players with larger hands. While the design of the mouse encompasses a distinctive blend of materials, from smooth matte plastic to the diamond print, grippy rubber sides, and wavy rubber on the scroll wheel, each component gives an exceptional performance.
Instead of using a single cohesive material, the brand has designed one to suit each panel of the mouse individually to make it feel comfortable to glide the mouse around. The design of the mouse is perfect for the palm grip of right-handed gamers.
However, the mouse does feel a bit heavy, particularly for a wireless mouse that doesn’t need a discrete battery, and unluckily doesn’t offer customizable weights as well.
- Insanely comfortable.
- Incredibly accurate sensor.
- Intuitive button layout.
- The mouse is incredibly comfortable and equipped with a powerful, accurate sensor.
- The built structure is pretty impressive and ideal for larger hands.
- The lick latency of the mouse is very low.
- I didn’t like its unusual button layout.
4. Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
The Logitech G600 is a wired mouse particularly designed for OSU, MMO, and FPS games. This is one of the best gaming mice because it’s a lot of programmable buttons. It features up to 12 buttons on the right of the mouse, left and right-click mouse buttons, and three more buttons on the mouse’s top. This means the mouse offers a lot of utility for your prolonged gaming sessions.
The mouse also allows you to push the wheel button to the right or left for an additional input pair. As expected, all the buttons are easy to reprogram through the mouse software for convenience. The overall design of the mouse is also pretty impressive and looks great. The mouse’s side buttons feature customizable colored LED backlighting, which is a must if you are a new gamer.
Moreover, throughout my testing, I found that the mouse is very cozy to hold and use for prolonged hours. However, the only displeasing things about G600 are that there’s no option to have side buttons on the mouse‘s left. It means it might leave you disappointed if you are a left-handed gamer.
- Easy reprogrammable buttons.
- Incredibly easy mapping.
- Customizable colored LED backlighting.
- The mouse is insanely comfortable to hold and use for prolonged hours.
- It is armed with many easily reprogrammable buttons.
- The side buttons of the mouse have customizable color backlighting.
- The mouse feels a bit bulky and heavy.
- Some buttons are hard to reach, especially if you have small hands.
5. Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Logitech G502 Lightspeed is the lighter version of the famous Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. The mouse is ideal for OSU if you can stomach its price tag. With distinctive features, such as six additional weights to customize the mouse’s feel, Logitech G502 Lightspeed starts earning your investment.
Equipped with might Hero sensor, high-CPI, and several reprogrammable buttons, Lightspeed is a great option for any gaming genre. The design is familiar and feels very cozy. When you cannot risk a wireless connection, the mouse also comes with a reliable cable, so you can have it as a wired mouse.
Additionally, to connect the mouse via a wireless dongle to your PC, you can make it, so you don’t have to connect the mouse to a cable at all, not even when you need to charge. Thanks to the Logitech Powerplay wireless mouse charging pad, your device will always be getting charged as long as the mousepad is plugged into a USB port.
- Wireless mousepad charging.
- Reprogrammable buttons.
- Powerful Hero sensor.
- A familiar and comfortable shape.
- The mouse is a great pick for any gaming genre.
- Logitech G502 Lightspeed is armed with a powerful Hero sensor to make sure extreme accuracy.
- You can use the mouse both as a wireless or a cabled mouse.
- You can keep your mouse charged all the time through its wireless mousepad.
- It includes up to six additional weights, allowing you to customize the mouse feel.
- I don’t recommend the mouse if you are a left-handed gamer.
6. Razer Deathadder Chroma
Upon the initial release of Deathadder, the mouse took the gaming world by a storm, becoming one of the best dedicated gaming mice on the market in no time. The best aspect is it does not cost a lot but offers almost everything a gamer could expect from an expensive mouse.
The mouse brand later moved on released different mice, but the gaming community still missed the Deathadder. That is why the company decided to come up with another Deathadder mouse known as Deathadder Chroma.
Since the RGB lighting has become an industry-standard, Razer has gone beyond this, introducing a Chroma lighting system that users can easily control with Razer’s incredible Synapse 2.0. Now, the Chroma lighting system is perhaps among the best RGB implementations we’ve witnessed in a long, long time.
That said, everything about Deathadder Chroma is improved, which makes it one of the best mice for OSU and other gaming genres. It is equipped with a fantastic optical sensor that can deliver up to 10000 DPI, but you can control the DPI according to your convenience. It means if you want to go lower DPI settings, you can easily do so.
Moreover, you will also enjoy Synapse 2.0, which is one of the best customization suites. Long story short, if you’re a fan of Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, investing in the Razer Deathadder Chroma is the best option for you.
- Customizable Chroma lighting system.
- Synapse 2.0 software.
- 10000 DPI optical sensors.
- Reprogrammable buttons.
- Quality construction.
- It is one of the best mice with an innovative Chroma lighting system available on the gaming community market.
- The construction of the mouse is also pretty impressive, durable, and comfortable.
- It comes with one of the best customization software, Synapse 2.0.
- When it comes to the mouse design, there is little to no innovation.
7. Razer Viper Ultimate Hyperspeed Lightest Wireless Gaming Mouse
The Razer Viper Ultimate is another outstanding mouse for OSU. It is a high-sensitivity wireless mouse with a steep price tag. However, you will surely appreciate its high-end cutting-edge features. Weighing only 74 grams, the mouse is among the lightest gaming mice available on the market. I liked its design, giving you a cozy and weightless feel.
Moreover, the mouse is also ambidextrous, and the software lets it easily switch between right and left-handed modes. As I have mentioned, it has a steep price tag; it is no surprise that it comes with a beautiful color-customizable LED backlight.
The wireless functionality and a charging dock are a great addition if you like a bit more flexibility. According to Razer, the mouse battery can last up to 0 hours, which means you don’t have to pop the Viper Ultimate into the dock every day.
However, if you are a typical gamer like me, the high-sensitivity capabilities (a whopping 20000 DPI) won’t be very useful. Many gamers just don’t need that much sensitivity level when playing unless they are a serial FPS winner.
Gaming aside, if you are a graphic designer, such a high DPI is great for you. However, I still strongly recommend taking your requirements into account.
- 20,000 DPI sensors.
- Customizable color LED backlight.
- Ambidextrous design.
- Incredibly high sensitivity.
- Wireless charging.
- Prolonged battery time.
- The mouse offers an incredibly high sensitivity, which is nice if you are a pro gamer and a real FPS winner.
- The ambidextrous structure of the mouse makes it suitable for both right and left-handed gamers.
- The battery timing is great, so you can enjoy prolonged gaming sessions without any interruption.
- The mouse is a bit expensive.
- I do not recommend it for gamers with small hands.
8. SteelSeries Sensei 310 Gaming Mouse
If you are searching for an ambidextrous mouse with cutting-edge features, Steelseries Sensei 320 deserves a closer look. The mouse design is sleek and very elegant. Since it is ambidextrous, the mouse is a great pick for both lefties and right-handed gamers. The mouse is also light in weight, weighing only 92 grams.
Thanks to its silicone grip, you will find it very cozy to hold for prolonged hours. You will find two buttons on each side and a DPI adjuster at the top center. The inclusion of a microprocessor allows you to reprogram its buttons through Steelseries Engine 3 software. One displeasing factor about the software that I didn’t like is its bare finish.
Performance-wise the mouse is equipped with Sensei 310 12000 DPI sensor that offers an interrupted and smooth experience during gaming sessions. This is pretty good for both single and multiplayer games.
- 12000 DPI sensors.
- Reprogrammable buttons.
- Wireless/wired use.
- Ambidextrous design.
- Prolonged battery.
- Razer Synapse 2.0 software.
- It is an amazing mouse for OSU that is highly customizable from buttons to palm-rest.
- You can use the mouse as a wireless mouse or as a wired mouse. However, using it with the supplied wire will keep the mouse charged all the time.
- The battery is powerful, so you can enjoy prolonged uninterrupted gaming sessions.
- It is equipped with dual sensors to ensure supreme accuracy and a lag-free experience during the most intense gaming sessions.
- You’ll need some time to get yourself familiarize with it.
Q: Is it possible to play OSU with a mouse?
Ans: Yes! OSU is a rhyme game, and you can play it with a mouse, dual mouse, mouse, keyboard, or touch screen.
Q: What is the best to play OSU?
Ans: Since you can play OSU with a mouse or dual mouse, there are plenty of options to choose from. The best OSU mouse should be comfortable to hold, provides a smooth gaming experience, and has longer battery life. In this regard, some best options include Razer Deathadder Elite Optical Gaming, Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury, and Logitech G600.
Playing OSU in mouse-only or dual mouse mode is challenging if you don’t have a good and comfortable mouse. The game requires accuracy, and that is why having the best mouse for OSU is essential. If you are looking for a comfortable-to-hold and dedicated gaming mouse, above, I have bucketed eight best mice for OSU that you should consider while buying one. These mice are dedicated gaming mice, equipped with high-end features, and offer a lag-free and smooth gaming experience.